A Brief Excerpt from the Next Upcoming Book: “The Secrets to Unlocking Divine Intervention”

A Brief Excerpt from the Upcoming Book:

“The Secrets to Unlocking Divine Intervention”


At 9:00AM one day, I prayed—earnestly: “God let them fire me so that I can be freed up to do what I’ve always wanted to do.” You see, I had imagined that if I were to quit my job I would lose needed benefits, so I asked the Divine to let my seniors terminate me from my job, without having to dumb down my work or sabotage my employers to get terminated as I was profusely opposed to that. I reasoned with God saying even if it means doing Uber as a side gig so that I can still earn while having lot more time to work on my dreams and passions and turn my talents into a worthwhile business. I said to God “If I quit I may not receive some benefits but if they fire me I will.” By 9:15AM that same day, 15 minutes after the prayer I got a call from my senior Executive that I was being terminated and Bwuoy I was happy. My life has never been better for I’m so much closer to realizing my ultimate after years of neglect working for another and on other people’s dreams and visions. I sat and started planning and strategizing and working and today, I’m closer, much closer to realizing my dreams and happier. You see, the time you take to work for someone else is lost time that could be used to prop up your business unless you can work for someone else while still having time for family, leisure, and working on your ultimate career. But I did not have such luxury as my job inundated my life so that very little time was left for anything else. But God intervened upon my request which has impacted my life positively. More on this later. 


Now, whenever I use the word God, I’m not advocating for one type of Divine being over another, that’s just semantics. I use the English Word God to refer to the Divine which may be Allah, Jehovah, Elohim, Yahweh, Rastatafari etc., depending on your language, culture or perception of things. For, God or the Divine reveals versions of herself or himself in various ways and at various times within a limited context of culture that then perceive and interpret God’s revelation in the way that God has made it for us to interpret or see him confined by our limitations. Yet we have used these revelations of God to subscribe to a particular kind of totalitarianism that pretends to be all truth, that all must follow and abandon any other calling. If not totalitarianism we adhere to a strict view of God that facilitates a type of economic competition or race that privileges one’s idea or interpretation of the revelation of God over others so as to monopolize the selling of ones religion to garner greater market share and power. It is as if we are caught up in a kind of religion or theology of Capitalism that celebrates competition and greed over equity and fairness promoting privilege and a society of classes where one religion is better than the other. But “The secrets to unlocking divine intervention” is not the privilege of one faith or using one name over another. The Divine meets you where ever you are and however you see him/her. Importantly, however we see the Ultimate, God is and will intervene in so far as we let him/her/it intervene and in so far as we believeAnd what’s the greatest miracle and the ultimate of all things and of he or she or it that made us... that we become one and live as one with all of our various individualities and polities (The Idea of “God” (A Brief Reflection into the “Keys to unlocking Divine Intervention”)http://renaldocmckenzie.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-idea-of-god.html)


Continue to follow this blog site #TheNeoLiberal for release details of he book “The Secrets to Unlocking Divine Intervention” (in book stores and available in e-book platforms by June, 2021). 


The blog post/article was written by 

Rev. Renaldo McKenzie,

Doctoral Candidate at Georgetown University and Lecturer at the Jamaica Theological Seminary.

Renaldo is the author of the upcoming book: “Neoliberalism, Globalization, Income Inequality, Poverty and Resistance” available for purchase April 15, 2021.


Reference Note: the front cover photo on the mobile app version of this story was sourced from: Christianity.com. You may consider reading Sonya Downing article “What Is Divine Intervention?” for further reading and meaning on the meaning of divine intervention. https://www.christianity.com/wiki/christian-terms/what-is-divine-intervention.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zelenskyy: It’s Day 18. We Hold Key Positions. Close The Skies. We’re Going Through The Worst Odeal.

Breaking: Russian military shot dead 51-year-old US Correspondent, Brent Renaud in Irpen

Police Reform in #America Must include Rebranding the Police ...Change their “LOOK”

News Update: What’s Happening In The Russian-UKraine War, March 5, 2:05PM